It’s a pain to manually find the updates online, but this program will discover driver updates faster than Windows does. Even if you’re using Windows 10, you’ll probably want to do this — at least, if you’re a gamer. Windows 10 won’t be automatically updating graphics drivers every time NVIDIA or AMD releases a new version. These updates are really only necessary for people playing PC games, after all. On Windows 7, 8, and 8.1, hardware drivers appear in the Windows Update interface as an optional update.
- Repeat this process until you identify the culprit program and disable or remove it from your computer.
- Fortunately, Windows 10 allows you to update drivers automatically, as well as manually.
- Once you complete the steps, the driver will download and install on Windows 11.
Installing this driver should allow you to use your printer’s core functions. Windows will download and install the printer driver in the background.
Install the latest driver for HP laserjet p1102
However, you may not know that deleting a printer doesn’t delete its driver from Windows 10. They will stay stored in a local inventory if you need them again. If Windows 10 is unable to automatically detect your printer’s latest drivers, you need to find them manually. This can be done by checking your printer’s manufacturer and the device name first. Once you’ve identified your printer model, you can get started with the steps below to manually install the latest, working drivers.
- All the driver included on the original disc are the default drivers.
- A hardware device that we connect to a computer externally is referred to as a peripheral, like a keyboard, mouse, printer, etc.
- Additional utilities to get the most functionality out of your Brother machine are compatible with Windows 10.
- If a driver is not installed correctly or gets corrupted, you will not be able to use that device.
- I think the cost advantages of not including a Postscript rasteriser are the reason that the PC way won the market, especially as computer power has increased.
Your printer or its driver might also be incompatible with your current Windows version. Make sure you update to the latest printer driver (a program that controls your printer). Printer manufacturers offer updated drivers to improve compatibility with newer software, such as newer versions of Reader and Acrobat. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with communication. Just open your web browser and type in the name of your printer followed by “driver”.
Run the Printer’s Self-Test
“…locates detailed information about your hardware and software, including outdated drivers.” The “D3D11-compatible GPU” error is a common game-related error for both Windows 10 and 11. You usually see this error message when you try to start certain affected games. It will present an error message that reads “a D3D11-compatible GPU (feature level 11, shader model-5) is required to run the engine,” and affected games don’t start. Restart your Windows 11 PC when you’ve installed the updates.